Pfandbrief statistics pursuant to § 28 Pfandbrief Act
§ 28 of the Pfandbrief Act (PfandBG) requires that all Pfandbrief Banks publish details of the composition of their cover pools for Mortgage, Public, Ship and Aircraft Pfandbriefe. For a detailed description of the legal transparency requirements, please click here.
Aggregated data on all German Pfandbrief Banks
The vdp’s quarterly reports provide an overview of the composition of the cover pools maintained by German Pfandbrief Banks. Using the filter enables you to choose between the different issuers and respective publication dates. Aggregated reports comprising the transparency data of all vdp members are available, too. Due to rounding differences the figures displayed in these reports can deviate from those displayed on the web pages of the individual member institution.
From Q 32012 onwards the report of Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen (Helaba) includes the data of Portigon AG (former WestLB) as Cover pool assets and outstanding Pfandbriefe were transferred to Hessische Landesbank.
From Q 1 2013 onward the report of NATIXIS Pfandbriefbank AG is available.
Transparency of the cover pools pursuant to § 28 Pfandbrief Act
Specifically, the reports contain the following data:
· § 28 para. 1 Nos. 1-4: Pfandbrief volume outstanding and the corresponding cover pools
· § 28 para. 2 No. 1a): Cover loans for Mortgage Pfandbriefe by amount category
· § 28 para. 2 No. 1b): Cover loans for Mortgage Pfandbriefe by the state in which the real property collateral is located
· § 28 para. 2 No. 1c): Cover loans for Mortgage Pfandbriefe by property type financed
· § 28 para. 2 No. 2: Total amount of payments in arrears for mortgage loans serving as cover
· § 28 para. 3 No. 1: Cover loans for Public Pfandbriefe by borrower’s place of residence
· § 28 para. 3 No. 2: Total amount of payments in arrears for claims used to cover Public Pfandbriefe
· § 28 para. 4 No. 1: Cover loans for Ship and Aircraft Pfandbriefe by amount category and state in which the ships and aircrafts used as collateral are registered